💬 Translate 💬

Sunday 8 April 2018

[Part 7] Getting My Driving Licence : Ujian JPJ Ulangan and P Licence

Please read this post, which is a summary on how to get a driving licence, as well as the previous part(s) before reading this one if you haven't already.

        Back at it again at Krispy Kreme my driving licence series. I just want to get this over with. I've spent a week trying to recount my experiences in getting my driving licence. My experience may not even be universal, and I've seen other blogs that do this better than me, so what's the benefit of this? I don't even know.

        Let's get straight to the point. I painfully fell into a pit of depression for a few weeks thanks to my failure in my Ujian JPJ Bahagian III. My retry test is scheduled to be in a few weeks after my initial JPJ test. I had enough time to wallow in despair and study my assessment sheet rigorously. Just a tiny mistake (PULL UP THE HANDBRAKE AT STOP SIGNS. PLEASE.) was enough to make me fork out more money for my retry test and hit my self-confidence in the heart. Don't be like me, dear readers who happened to stumble upon my blog. If you want some tips related to the JPJ test, please check out my summary post. I'm lazy to copy it back here.

        The day of my retry test has finally arrived. I was initially nervous, but after getting to experience first-hand how test day would be like, I was less anxious and more determined to pass this test. I arrived at my driving school and went to the counter in the office to register as usual. I was then given a lanyard to wear with a tag that stated my number. Since I'm part of the ulangan group, I wouldn't have to wait so long compared to last time as they would let us finish our test first. A relief, really, as I hate being in hot weather for too long.
I don't think I even need to say what this gif is about.
        It was my turn eventually and I walked over to the designated learning car. My assigned JPJ officer got into the passenger's seat while I was in the driver's seat. Unfortunately, this JPJ officer was a different person than Sir (pseudonym), my initial JPJ officer who was really kind. I did my RSM and drove normally on the road. Why don't you read my previous posts to get an idea on how my road test was like instead of having me to squeeze my brain trying to retell that horrifying ordeal again?

        I think I annoyed the JPJ officer by constantly stopping at any junction I come across and pulling my handbrake up, even if there's no stop sign in sight. Another scar to add in my mind, am I right? He got fed up and told me to hurry up. I finally arrived back at my driving school and stopped the car at the designated spot. The JPJ officer passed me my assessment sheet and I said my thanks before leaving for the counter.

        I finally passed my JPJ Bahagian III test, on my second try! I probably shouldn't be celebrating the fact that I was only able to pass it after retrying, but at least I did without having to come back for a third try. I apologise to those looking for any recounts on Ujian Ulangan JPJ Bahagian II. I guess it'll be similar to the initial test? Don't worry about it like I did. You might get an unnecessary headache.

        Okay, so what happens now?
Let's go practice medicine.

        It's time to get your P licence, of course. I recommend doing this a few days after your test so that your results will have ample time to reach your area's JPJ office. For example, my test was on a Tuesday and I visited the JPJ office on the following Thursday. Be sure to check JPJ's website to check the nearest JPJ office and their operating hours. Some offices have break times and different closing times depending on state so take note.

        I went to the nearest JPJ office at 8 AM. I wouldn't want to get stuck in a really long queue, especially during rush hour after 10 AM. You should probably visit the office early in the morning too, preferably after its opening hour, so that you can get your driving licence quickly and hopefully on the same day. Be sure to know which building to go to for driving licence. Some JPJ offices have different buildings and floors in their compound for different purposes so ask someone if you're unsure. There weren't many people when I arrived at the office, probably around 3 people before me.

        Simply take a queue number and sit down to wait for your turn. There were only about 2 people manning their respective counter at that time. I didn't have to wait for long, maybe a few minutes, before I was called over. When applying for a P licence, please bring along your:

  • Original IC
  • JPJ Test results, a.k.a. your assessment sheet
  • RM60 for the two-year P driving licence
  • Maybe a passport-style photo of you with a white background?

        After passing the required items to the clerk, they'll give you a receipt and ask you to head on to the other counter. I gave my receipt and photo to the person who I presume was in charge of making driving licences. I sat back down and waited. Again, I wasn't so sure if the process is just that quick or if it's just because the office is almost deserted, it only took a few minutes for the card to be finished. I've read stories where people had to wait for days, weeks even, to get their driving licence. I'm just glad I got my driving licence quickly. The person gave me back my photo because I guess they already had my photo in their data system.

        Do you think you're done here? Nope. You still need to get P stickers for your vehicle(s). Not displaying the P sticker on the vehicle you're driving despite only being a P driving licence holder can land you in trouble with the road police. Try asking the counter at your JPJ office or find it being sold somewhere in random shops. It's best to get the stickers that are JPJ-certified for accurate measurements. Honestly, I doubt anyone would stop to give a second glance should you use an unofficial sticker unless you're using obviously wrong stickers. Seriously, how do you think you can get away with a neon star-shaped P sticker?

        So there you have it, folks. My series ends here, for now. I don't even know if I'll post updates when I get my C driving licence (the real licence after P). I was hoping to write posts about my college adventures soon. If you have any questions regarding the journey in getting a driving licence, feel free to leave a comment. This is only for Malaysia, though. Please don't ask me how to get a driving licence in Liechtenstein.

        Okay, I just realised how less professional my posts are becoming. My sleep-deprived brain made me put in 2 gifs from a video game and a cartoon in a single post. I will really appreciate it if you check out my previous posts. Everything is explained in detail, and better, there. I promise you.



🔆 ~Thanks for reading my post and have a nice day~ 🔆

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perak Matriculation College / Kolej Matrikulasi Perak (KMPk) Gothic

Please read this post fully! The blog shall not be held responsible for any psychological confusion or fear the information may inflict on t...